Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

Savvy Shopkeeper Retail Podcast


Jun 30, 2022

It’s easy to get stuck in autopilot when we’re marketing our indie retail businesses, especially when we’ve heard the same marketing “rules” over and over again! 

One of the most common rules you’ll hear is to focus 80 percent of your social media content on engaging or educational content, and the other 20 percent on selling. 

But with social media coming in a distant second (or even dead last, in some studies) compared to other marketing efforts, the return on your social media effort might not be reflected in your sales! 

So, where should you focus your effort instead? Listen in to learn where the 80/20 misconception comes from and how to actually apply it to your marketing strategy. For show notes, including links to any resources mentioned in this episode, visit https://savvyshopkeeper.com/episode128.